Small Animal Surgery
Our course was developed to enable trainees to significantly improve their surgical techniques, thus enabling them to provide better service to clients and animals. Through a system where the focus is placed on the practical implementation of the techniques taught, the trainees can execute them, at their own pace, in a very informal environment and foster interaction with the tutors.
Our Small Animal Surgery PgC programme will help you to transform your practice life:
- On successful attainment of the GPCert(SAS) candidates will be awarded with a personalised certificate and their name will be included in the ISVPS register of General Practitioner Certificate holders
- Increase your skills, knowledge and confidence in dealing with more complex cases offering familiar and local treatment for the clients who trust you with their pets and accelerating diagnosis and treatment
- Progress your career with recognised academic qualifications
- Reduce the need for external referrals and increase your practice’s capabilities and income
You will spend time reviewing the surgical procedures by way of brief presentations and where appropriate, video presentations. You will then have the opportunity to practise a wide variety of the surgical procedures you want to perfect in a wet-lab environment with demonstration and close support from the specialist speaker. You will spend the majority of the allotted time practising these procedures.
Practical Learning Objectives:
At the end of the practical sessions, you should be able to:
- Outline the pre-operative, intra-operative and post-operative care of the patient
- Understand the principles of surgical planning
- Apply principles of surgical planning to selected cases
- Understand the possible surgical complications that may arise following each of the procedures
- Perform the listed procedures in a wet-lab environment
- Demonstrate the listed procedures to a colleague or the specialist speaker
- Evaluate your own surgical skills and recognise your limitations with respect to some of the above procedures
- Recognise when to seek assistance from a colleague or referral institution
Payment Terms & Conditions
- Payment for the course can be paid by credit card or bank transfer.
- Please contact us for pricing relating to corporate veterinary groups and multiple booking discounts.
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first served basis.
- Where all available places are full, applicants will be offered first refusal for the next available date.
- Confirmation and enrollment details will then be sent to confirm your booking.